Knowing is not enough; we must apply! - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Welcome & Copyright & Disclaimer

Welcome to Tuesday Treats. Hope you have a pleasant journey browsing and getting inspired by the projects you find here. We appreciate and treasure your comments so please leave us some blog love and comments. But before you start your journey here just a small note . Do please read and then you can continue on. Copyright: This blog has a many designers showcasing their projects. Please look up their individual site to check their copyrights for any infringements. My files & projects are also all copyrighted. They can be used as inspiration and for personal gifts only but cannot be used in classes, in magazines or for contests. Please look in the side bar for more details on the copyright. Disclaimer: The designer's designs belong to them and them only & not to TuesdayTreat and The TuesdayTreats will not be responsible or liable in any way for any results or consequences from those designs.

January 11, 2011

Tuesday Treats 1-11-11 Wicked Birthday Card

Hello everyone, this is Jenny from Jenny K Scrappin Addict at http://kozfam5.blogspot.com (I really could not think of anything too creative with the name so this works - hahaha!!). I am new here to post at Tuesday Treats and was just so excited and yet nervous. The ladies that post here are just so talented and I have learned so much so I wanted to share my craftiness as well. 


My project is a Birthday Card for my daughter. The last couple of years for her Birthday we have decided to see a Broadway Show and go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner (YUMMO!!!). We are going to see Wicked this year and I wanted to make a card to match the poster for the show.


I laid this all out on my gypsy and there are really not that many cuts. Here is a picture of my gypsy girl:


See - just 5 cuts. I will provide the complete recipe below. 


And here is my finished card:





I used 4 different cricut cartridges here:
Base Camp for the lettering (cut at 1 inch with the layer)
Sentimentals for the hand (cut at 1 and I also removed the envelope)
Mini Monsters for the hat (cut once at 4.35 and then flipped and cut again)
Forever Young for the faces. I used the Emblem feature and hit the circle on my gypsy so that only the faces were cut. (cut at 3 once and then flipped and cut again) For this cut I removed a flip on the front of the hair and the neck.


On the lettering and my background paper I used the Distressed Cuttlebug folder. The background paper is from the K & Co. Seasonal paper pack. The green and black paper are from TPC and the white glitter paper is DCWV. I used Black Diamond stickles on the black hat. The feathering on the hats are boas that I cut down and then glued (I saw Emma on My Creative Time do this on a CUTE card she had made previously and knew I would be doing this at some time). I used the Martha Stewart Drippy goo punch and some black ribbon from my stash.


Well I hope you enjoy my card - my daughter will actually be getting this today 1-11-11 as it is her Birthday! Happy Birthday Amanda I love you!!


Blessings, Jenny

3 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Love the furred! caps on the cards. Sure your daughter loved it too!!

Unknown said...

this is an awesome card!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Mrs. Green said...

Looks great! Have fun - that sounds like an awesome tradition!