Knowing is not enough; we must apply! - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Welcome & Copyright & Disclaimer

Welcome to Tuesday Treats. Hope you have a pleasant journey browsing and getting inspired by the projects you find here. We appreciate and treasure your comments so please leave us some blog love and comments. But before you start your journey here just a small note . Do please read and then you can continue on. Copyright: This blog has a many designers showcasing their projects. Please look up their individual site to check their copyrights for any infringements. My files & projects are also all copyrighted. They can be used as inspiration and for personal gifts only but cannot be used in classes, in magazines or for contests. Please look in the side bar for more details on the copyright. Disclaimer: The designer's designs belong to them and them only & not to TuesdayTreat and The TuesdayTreats will not be responsible or liable in any way for any results or consequences from those designs.

November 30, 2010

Good morning everyone,

My name is Melin and you can find me on my blog: CookingWithCricut.com. This is my first post here at Tuesday Treats and I was so honored that Pam and the girls let me join in the fun…Thank you ladies, very much.

Today I am sharing a layout I made using what I call “straight” Cricut. This simply means no design studio or gypsy this time….Sorry Chester, ‘ol buddy, ‘ol pal, you’ll have to sit this one out :-)
So here’s a view of the entire layout.

I used the following cartridges to complete this super fun layout.
George and Basic Shapes
Paper Doll Dress Up
Everyday Paper Dolls
From My Kitchen
Christmas Cheer
Picturesque
Celebrate with Flourishes
Create A Critter
Winter Woodland

Okay here’s the recipe


  • I used Winter Woodland for the sleigh and cut it at 4”
    • I cut the sleigh bottom in white and then “inked” the “ski” part in gold ink. The picture doesn’t show how shiny that part is.
  • The presents were just patterned paper that I cut into squares.
  • The ribbons-bows were from Create A Critter pg. 73 – layer 3 cut at 3.5”
    • The little circles that cut from this cut I used for the reindeer noses.
  • The light borders for the mats were from Create A Critter pg. 73
  • The Sack was cut from Paper Doll Dress Up pg. 72 Accessory 3
  • The Christmas trees in the background were cut from Create A Critter pg. 33
  • The wreath was from Celebrate Flourishes second row, 7th key.

  • Santa’s Suit parts were cut from Christmas Cheer pg. 99 cut at 6”
  • Santa’s Hat was from Paper Doll Dress Up pg. 72 cut at 7”
  • Santa’s Beard and hair were from Paper Doll Dress Up pg. 72 cut at 7”
  • Santa’s Head was from George and Basic Shapes Circle cut at 2.75”
  • Santa’s nose was from George and Basic Shapes.
  • Santa’s Arms were cut From From My Kitchen pg. 77
    Santa’s Body was from George and Basic Shapes. Circle at 3.75”
  • Santa’s eyes were from a punch, but you could cut some small circles out of George and Basic Shapes like the nose.

  • The reindeer were cut from Create A Critter pg. 69 at 3.5” – both layers
    • I used the black out feature so I could use my own eyes. These eyes were a Martha Stewart “tear drop” punch. Pretty small in size.
  • The Antlers were from Christmas Cheer pg. 86 cut at 3.5”-shadow
  • The nose was from the circles cut from the present bows (see above)
  • The “rope” was some gold floss that I had.

  • The Merry Christmas title was cut from Celebrate with Flourishes.
  • The various photo corners were from Picturesque.


Here is one last look at the entire layout. Now it is just waiting for some pictures and a little journaling and we will be good to go.

Thank you for joining me today! Be sure to come on over to CookingWithCricut.com and join in the weekly challenges we have.  Thank you again Pam and all you lovely designers for allowing me to be a part of Tuesday Treats!  Have a wonderful day!
Melin

10 comments:

imafarmgirl said...

Love it love it love IT! Thank you for sharing all your cuts and the cart it came from. This will make it easy for a reproduction which is the best comment/compliment I can give you! Well done.

Joy Tracey said...

HOLY SMOKES! This layout is AMAZING! WOW!! You did a fantastic job!! That Santa piecing is incredible! How creative of you to think of how to do that! You should submit this to the Chirp newsletter - it really ROCKS!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Hugs, Joy

papillon digital design said...

This is one amazing layout. Chester will be so jealous!! :) We will distract him by sending him off somewhere

tt.scraps said...

Stunning!!!!

Neisa said...

I love it! Absolutely beautiful.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is just GORGEOUS! I love all the detail. Stunning, just stunning!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! Such a beautiful layout!! The detail is amazing!! So glad I stopped over to see this today!! Thanks for sharing!

Melinda Beltran said...

Oh gosh, you girls are so sweet! Thank you for all your kind words. I so enjoyed posting today :-) Happy Cricutting! Melin

priscilla said...

Amazing layout !!!!

The Watson said...

Amazing layout.