Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations and today I am your guest designer. I love using my Gypsy and Cricut to alter unfinished items. This whole project cost less than $2.00 to make and will be a great present for my mom's birthday.
I started this project with an unfinished wooden birdhouse. I bought it at Michaels for 10 CENTS! I painted it with Gold Acrylic paint. I chose to one do one layer so it would not look too metallic for the project.
While that dried, I used my Gypsy to choose the bird from Home Decor. I cut the bird and its blackout at 1.35 inches from Grungepaper. The settings I used were Depth 6, Pressure High, Multicut 2.
I started with the blackout. I inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap. I let it set for a bit.
Then I took Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Crushed Olive and taopped it into the Frayed Burlap.
Once the inks were dried, I took a small fan brush and lightly applied a thin layer of tattered Angels Hay Ride Glimmer Glam.
Next I inked the top layer. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dried Marigold. While it was still damp I tapped some Distress Embossing Powder in Walnut Stain into the wet ink.
Next I cut the spiky looking flower from Accent Essentials at 4.18 inches. I used Hide Selected Contour on my Gypsy to remove the center cut. I cut the design from both chipbboard and paper. I painted the chipboard with a muted golden yellow and I inked the edges of both the paper and the chipboard very lightly with Fantastix Color Box Chestnut Roan Ink. (If you want to see the video on how to ink like this Inking Die Cuts ). The paper is Webster's Pages Life Beautiful.
To give the roof a more distinctive look, I painted a thin layer of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam with a fan brush. I used Espresso Bean. Then I took some Raveled Rosette trim and hot glued it to the edge of the roof. Tis ribbon started out cream, which was to stark. So I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Crushed Olive, Frayed Burlap, and Tea Dye.
I hot glued the wooden birdhouse to the base of the spiky flower and added rhinestones to each point. Then I took a small thin layer of hot glue to the base and sprinkled Spring Flower Soft into the hot glue. Finally I added the bird to the perch.
I love how it turned out. If you are interested in the file, please visit my personal blog at 217 Creations.Thank you comment and following us here at Tuesday Treats!